Double celebration: Cleo's recovery and 11th birthday

Susan

Sep 10, 2009, 12:25:12 PM9/10/09
to FCR...@yahoogroups.com, flat...@googlegroups.com, FCRlist
Cleo (Am/Can Ch Rowansgaad Cleo Laine, WC JH TD) has her 11th birthday
today, and I am so thankful to be celebrating that, and also her steady
recovery from a serious injury in early July that resulted in drastic
surgery for a dislocated and irreparably damaged hip. The wood duck
dokken was her constant companion and mood booster in the initial days in
veterinary hospital, and our summer has turned into a concentrated program
of rehabilitation - time-consuming, costly, but ultimately very rewarding:
PROM stretches, massage, compresses, progression to walking on slopes and
hills, weave poles, cavaletti, water treadmill, lots of swimming daily - and
all on-going, to rebuild the hip and regain muscle strength, and -
hopefully - near to normal gait. Throughout all this Cleo has been a most
cooperative patient, lapping up all the extra attention (of course!), and
after sutures came out, two weeks post-surgery, her morale soared, as she
was then able to negotiate the many steps and stairs in our home and resume
her favoured place on my bed (her spot for the eleven years since she
crossed the ocean). Her surgeon attributes the good recovery in an older
dog to her previous sound conformation and level of fitness - and to her
unquenchable flatcoat spirit. I am hoping for many more birthdays for her,
but am grateful for every single day with her, and for being entrusted with
this wonderful bitch, foundation of my line. (Cleo's parentage: UK Ch
Tigermoth of Keepersend x Fossdyke Nocturne, breeder: Julie Wilson).
Susan Ware, (Rowansgaard FCRs)

num...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2009, 1:20:57 PM9/10/09
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Hello Susan,
A very happy birthday wish to Cleo!!! I hope she continues to improve and enjoys many more birthdays with you!
Warmest regards,
Bruce Brown, Gypsy, and Stella

Melissa Frohloff

Sep 10, 2009, 9:47:06 PM9/10/09
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Susan and Cleo!  Gauge will be very pleased to hear of his grandmother's milestone and progress, following her accident.  She is certainly fortunate to have such a dedicated human, willing to go that extra mile (or 10) for her!

Happy Birthday Cleo!

Melissa, Gauge & Family

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:25:12 PM

Subject: [Flatcoats] Double celebration: Cleo's recovery and 11th birthday