A Very Useful Flatcoat

1 view

ha...@lakefell.co.uk

Jan 16, 2007, 12:13:21 PM1/16/07
to Flatcoats
Epic will be three years old tomorrow. During this normal start of
Flatcoat puppyhood (usually ends about 12 or so?) she has been that
charming, feckless, will-o-the-wisp that those owned by the Breed have
come to expect and love. BUT yesterday this all changed.

We run a boating business and needed to get a hose accross about 150
yards of water betwen a jetty and the far shore. It was too far to
heave a line and the lake was too high for us to make our way around by
land. After a few fruitles attempts to heave a light line accross the
water I gradually became aware that Epic was dancing around in a
peculiar fashion and clearing saying "Me, Me, Me!".

I tied a stick on the line and took Epic to the far shore. A crew
member chucked the stick into the water from the jetty and "Hi Lost!"
Epic was out into the lake, grabbed the stick and swam back with it
trailing the line. We tied the hose to the end, pulled it accoss and
the job was done.

So Epic is now, officially, a Very Useful Flatcoat (VUF, VUF)

Shirley Thistlethwaite

Jan 16, 2007, 3:05:49 PM1/16/07
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Extra biscuits for Epic!  What a good girl!

Shirley

Cohen, Iris

Jan 16, 2007, 3:04:24 PM1/16/07
to flat...@googlegroups.com
They are always a joy.

Iris Cohen
Associate Vice President
1100 Glendon Ave
Suite 900
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310.235.2931p 310.478.9478f
iris....@grubb-ellis.com

num...@aol.com

Jan 16, 2007, 1:50:19 PM1/16/07
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Epic, you now have letters after your name :)

Jan 17, 2007, 3:50:11 AM1/17/07
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Epic, you clever, beautiful girl, your recent adventure lives up to your
name!

& only 3 years old, still a puppy in our terms ... VUF, VUF indeed.
I'm still minkin' about really, but then, I only turned 2 last Sunday.
Birthdays! Pies! Sausages! Ggrrrrrrcasseroles!
Oops. Where was I?
Oh yes, well done Epic!!!!!!
But don't let THEM Make you WORK for a Livin' girl. My sister's made THAT
mistake. Remember - Exclysts is LOOKERS - keep 'em wrapped round y'paw,
sweetheart.

WUF WUF, & superwags
Jim
xxx

Jan 17, 2007, 4:29:37 AM1/17/07
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Epic , the very first thing you should do is insist on having the email
praising you framed and put on the wall in a very prominent place.Next time
your master calls you a useless dog , or worse (It will happen) just sit
under said emailand look reproachful.

Luv Raffles and Missy
John,Mary, Big Mad Bad Raffles and Mistletoe Osborn
http://maryosborn.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/osborn/