cold weather dogs?

bobandersonjr

Jun 24, 2011, 10:09:42 PM6/24/11
to Flatcoats
my flatcoat seems to enjoy the stream that flows thru our property, we
live in pennsylvania, so our winters can be cold, very cold. but does
that stop our molly? heck no she likes to get wet anytime, during the
dog days of summer, you can find molly sleeping in the stream using a
rock for a pillow.

num...@aol.com

Jun 25, 2011, 12:05:11 PM6/25/11
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Bob,
Most flatcoats love cold weather. It's like anything in the cold...be aware of noses, feet, and ears. When the temp is in the 60's my girls go wild...no snow in SW FL.
Bruce

--
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "Flatcoats".

Melissa Frohloff

Jun 25, 2011, 1:42:36 PM6/25/11
to flat...@googlegroups.com
Our Gauge loves the cooler weather too and has no issue with cold weather.  We get a lot of snow here in the winter and go snowshoeing or cross-country skiing out our back door into the woods. We bought Gauge some winter boots (Muttlucks) a few years back and use them a ton.  We don't have to worry about him getting snow stuck between his pads then and he can go much longer without any issue.  The hot weather is what he has more trouble with, he has very little endurance in hot weather and we have to watch as he will get overheated very quickly just playing fetch.  Year round, he prefers to lie directly on the tile or hardwood floor than soft places (that is, when he's not in my lap!)

~ Melissa ~