Announcing Flatcar Container Linux Stable release 2905.2.1, Beta release 2942.1.0, Alpha release 2955.0.0

Flatcar Container Linux User

Aug 4, 2021, 11:44:39 AM8/4/21
to Flatcar Container Linux User
Hello,

We are pleased to announce a Flatcar Container Linux maintenance release for our Stable channel, as well as new major releases for our Beta and Alpha channel.

New Alpha release 2955.0.0

Security fixes

Bug fixes

  • Set the cilium_vxlan interface to be not managed by networkd's default

setup with DHCP as it's managed by Cilium. (init#43)

  • Disabled SELinux by default on `dockerd` wrapper script (coreos-overlay#1149)

  • Fixed the network-cleanup service race in the initramfs which resulted in a failure being reported

  • GCE: Granted CAP_NET_ADMIN to set routes for the TCP LB when starting oem-gce.service (coreos-overlay#1146)

Changes

  • Switched the arm64 kernel to use a 4k page size instead of 64k

  • Switched dm-verity corruption detection to issue a kernel panic (a panic results in a reboot after 1 minute, this was the case before already) instead of merely failing certain syscalls that try to use the corrupted data

  • Support BTRFS in OEM and /usr partitions, but only used it for the OEM partition for now. Ignition configurations that refer to the OEM partition will work with any filesystem format specified, a mismatch is not resulting in a boot error. (coreos-overlay#1106)

  • Enabled zstd compression for the initramfs and for amd64 also for the kernel because we hit the vmlinuz size limit on the /boot partition

  • Deleted the unused kernel+initramfs vmlinuz file from the /usr partition

  • devcontainer: added support to run on arm64 by switching to an architecture-agnostic partition UUID

  • Enabled ARM64 SDK bootstrap (scripts#134)

Updates

Note: Please note that ARM images remain experimental for now.

New Beta release 2942.1.0

Changes since Beta 2920.1.0

Security Fixes

Bug Fixes

  • Added the systemd tag in udev for Azure storage devices, to fix /boot automount (init#41)

  • Disabled SELinux by default on `dockerd` wrapper script (coreos-overlay#1149)

  • Set the cilium_vxlan interface to be not managed by networkd's default

setup with DHCP as it's managed by Cilium. (init#43)

  • update_engine_client: Improved feedback when an update is not needed(update_engine#10)

  • GCE: Granted CAP_NET_ADMIN to set routes for the TCP LB when starting oem-gce.service (coreos-overlay#1146)

Changes

Updates

Changes since Alpha 2942.0.0

Security fixes

Bug fixes

  • Set the cilium_vxlan interface to be not managed by networkd's default

setup with DHCP as it's managed by Cilium. (init#43)

Updates

New Stable release 2905.2.1

Security fixes

Bug fixes

  • Set the cilium_vxlan interface to be not managed by networkd's default

setup with DHCP as it's managed by Cilium. (init#43)

Updates

Best,

The Flatcar Container Linux team at Kinvolk

This conversation is locked