GPU support for the gcloud image

Samkit Shah

Jul 13, 2023, 10:56:02 AM7/13/23
to Flatcar Container Linux User
Hi,
I am looking into using flatcar for GPU centric workload. I am following this documentation for automated GPU driver installation but it doesn't seem to work.
The documentation above mentions the automated installation is supported on VM and baremetal;  I am not able to get this running on my GCE instance. So does the google cloud image not support GPU driver installation? And if not, could I get a reference to the "nvidia.service" code so I can set it up myself.

Thank you,
Samkit

p.s. Eventually my setup will be deployed on a fleet of on-prem baremetal but I am running benchmarking tests on GCE.

Jeremi Piotrowski

Jul 13, 2023, 11:58:06 AM7/13/23
to Flatcar Container Linux User
Hi Samkit,

We've only recently moved the GPU driver installation to a place where it can be used on all platforms (https://github.com/flatcar/Flatcar/issues/1077).

Please try alpha-3654.0.0 which includes that change and let us know how that works for you. Any other feedback on improving GPU support is also welcome.

Best wishes,
Jeremi