Announcing Flatcar Container Linux Stable release 2905.2.2, Beta release 2942.1.1, Alpha release 2969.0.0 and LTS-2021 release 2605.19.1

Flatcar Container Linux User

Aug 19, 2021, 3:30:28 PM8/19/21
to Flatcar Container Linux User

Hello,

We are pleased to announce a Flatcar Container Linux maintenance release for our Beta and Stable and LTS-2021 channel, as well as new major releases for our Alpha channel.

New Alpha release 2969.0.0

Update to CGroupsV2

Flatcar Container Linux migrates to the unified cgroup hierarchy (aka cgroups v2)! New nodes will utilize cgroups v2 by default. Existing nodes remain on cgroups v1 and need to be manually migrated to cgroups v2. To learn more about the cgroups v2 on Flatcar Container Linux and the migration guide, please refer to https://kinvolk.io/docs/flatcar-container-linux/latest/container-runtimes/switching-to-unified-cgroups/

Security fixes

Bug fixes

Changes

Updates

Note: Please note that ARM images remain experimental for now.

New Beta release 2942.1.1

Changes since Beta 2942.1.0

Security fixes

Bug Fixes