Cloud-Config deprecation

Prudhvi Boyapalli

Jul 20, 2020, 6:59:33 PM7/20/20
to Flatcar Linux User
Hello,

The docs indicate that cloud-config is deprecated and users should migrate to Container Linux Config and Ignition. Though it's not stated explicitly, it seems like cloud-config will continue to work for the time being. Is there an expected date when cloud-config will no longer work?

Thanks!

Chris Kühl

Jul 20, 2020, 7:25:29 PM7/20/20
to Prudhvi Boyapalli, Flatcar Linux User
Hi Prudhvi,

While Container Linux Config and Ignition are indeed the preferred mechanism for configuring Flatcar instances, cloud-config will continue to work. I would not expect that to change in the foreseeable feature. In fact, we may remove the deprecation notice altogether in the near future as we've been presented with some compelling use-cases that make use of it.

Cheers,
Chris

This email message, including attachments, may contain private, proprietary, or privileged information and is the confidential information and/or property of GRAIL, Inc., and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Chris Kühl, CEO @ Kinvolk - tel: +491755589364

Kinvolk GmbH | Adalbertstr. 6a, 10999 Berlin | tel: +491755589364
Geschäftsführer/Directors: Alban Crequy, Chris Kühl, Iago López Galeiras
Registergericht/Court of registration: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer/Registration number: HRB 171414 B
Ust-ID-Nummer/VAT ID number: DE302207000

Prudhvi Boyapalli

Jul 20, 2020, 7:37:28 PM7/20/20
to Flatcar Linux User
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the quick response!