Announcing Flatcar Container Linux Alpha release 3033.0.0, Beta 2983.1.2, Stable release 2905.2.6, and LTS-2021 release 2605.22.1

Flatcar Container Linux User

Oct 26, 2021, 3:07:26 PM10/26/21
to Flatcar Container Linux User

Hello,

We are pleased to announce a Flatcar Container Linux maintenance release for our Beta, Stable and LTS-2021 channel, as well as a new major release for our Alpha channel.

All releases include an update which changes the URL of our binary package server to https://mirror.release.flatcar-linux.net/ . This change applies to the SDK and to the development container and is required to reflect changes in our build infrastructure. There’s a tracking issue for that change here.

Update to CGroupsV2

As of Alpha version 2969.0.0, Flatcar Container Linux migrates to the unified cgroup hierarchy (aka CGroupsV2)! New nodes will utilize CGroupsV2 by default. Existing nodes remain on CGroupsV1 and need to be manually migrated to CGroupsV2. To learn more about CGroupsV2 on Flatcar Container Linux and the migration guide, please refer to https://kinvolk.io/docs/flatcar-container-linux/latest/container-runtimes/switching-to-unified-cgroups/

New Alpha release 3033.0.0

Changes since Alpha 3005.0.0

Security fixes

Bux fixes

Updates

Note: Please note that ARM images remain experimental for now.

New Beta release 2983.1.2

Changes since Beta 2983.1.1

Security fixes

Bux fixes