FlashPCA2 not multithreading

chelsie benca

Aug 7, 2018, 3:48:29 PM8/7/18
to flashpca-users
I have flashpca2 installed on our linux server and ran:
flashpca --bfile data --ndim 20 --numthreads 60
yet it doesn't seem to be multithreading...
Has anyone else run into this issue?

Gad Abraham

Aug 9, 2018, 8:38:38 PM8/9/18
to chelsie benca, flashpca-users
Hi Chelsie,

In v2, the flashpca multithreading probably won't help much because
what it does is enable the Eigen library's multi-threading, and Eigen
at the moment only really uses multithreading for a few operations
like matrix-matrix multiplication (which generally isn't used much in
flashpca, it's mostly matrix-vector operations). So best to stick with
single-threading for now.

Regards,
Gad