DAE wont loaded

Kevin Phytagoras

Jun 17, 2013, 6:47:50 AM6/17/13
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, its me again. Still with the same project. Im creating an augmented reality project that can make the object move around my monitor. I already solved how to move my objects around. But, there's a new problem.

When i use my model(a very detailed model) its getting so laggy that i can only spawn one instance of my object. But my project require me to spawn a lot object. So i make a new model from scratch, a low poly version in Blender 2.66. But, when i alreay did it and export it to collada DAE, it wont show.

So i do some googling and found a way to export it to fbx first and then convert it to dae using autodesk fbx converter. Now, im getting Error #1125: The index 0 is out of range 0.

when i debug it, i found the problem is in this line

model = collada.parseGeometry(Charmesh) as ObjectContainer3D;

Can anyone point to me where i am wrong ? Is it the Charmesh class or the DAE object ?

makc

Jun 18, 2013, 2:25:00 AM6/18/13
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
DAE could indeed slow things down, if  we're talking about time it takes to parse it. At runtime, however, it does not matter. What does matter is that you are probably using outdated engine such as papervision3d which just can't handle that much objects. THE solution is to upgrade to one of the modern engines.

Kevin Phytagoras

Jun 18, 2013, 2:27:20 AM6/18/13
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
I use Away3D, it's not outdated isn't it ?

makc

Jun 19, 2013, 5:29:47 AM6/19/13

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:27:20 AM UTC+2, Kevin Phytagoras wrote:
I use Away3D, it's not outdated isn't it ?

Depends on which version. Flartoolkit samples were not updated in quite some time, since people lost interest in it, so if you  are using away from one of those samples, chances are you need to upgrade. Latest version of away3d actually uses gpu and so can render far more objects.

Kevin Phytagoras

Jun 19, 2013, 12:16:37 PM6/19/13
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
Okay, yes i use Flartoolkit samples. So how do i upgrade Away3d ? Just download the.swc and put it on lib folder ?

Daniel Ferenc Szak

Jun 19, 2013, 2:11:12 PM6/19/13
to flartool...@googlegroups.com

Kevin,

yes, download the version You like (preferebly a stable, compiled swc), link it to Your project and compile to see if it works.
Keep in mind that with each new version there is the possibility of breaking-changes in the API, eg. the developers decide not to support some methods anymore or change some signatures here and there..

Usually these changes (if any) are well documented,and should not require a lot of after-update work, especially in simple scenarios as in examples.

Good luck!

--

---

Kevin Phytagoras

Jun 19, 2013, 11:40:58 PM6/19/13
to flartool...@googlegroups.com

Daniel,

Yes i already did that. I use away3d-core-fp11_4_1_1_Beta. I fix all of the import in my project then i realize something. The new away3d dont support collada DAE anymore.

Any recommendation for other format ? Does the other format use the same code like collada DAE ?

Thanks