Website disappeared ?

Daniel Bünzli

Mar 17, 2014, 1:02:18 PM3/17/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
What happened to the flapjax website http://www.flapjax-lang.org/ ?

Daniel

Leo Meyerovich

Mar 17, 2014, 2:58:51 PM3/17/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Waiting on Arjun (he has the keys & was traveling)

On Mar 17, 2014, at 10:02 AM, Daniel Bünzli <daniel....@erratique.ch> wrote:

> What happened to the flapjax website http://www.flapjax-lang.org/ ?
>
> Daniel
>

> --
> --
> Flapjax home page: www.flapjax-lang.org
> Flapjax list: groups.google.com/group/flapjax
> Post: fla...@googlegroups.com

Arjun Guha

Mar 22, 2014, 11:42:07 PM3/22/14
to Flapjax
Sorry for the delay. The website is now mostly back up. All static content is getting served fine. The online compiler is not working. I'll get to that later in the week.

Arjun

Arjun Guha

Mar 23, 2014, 3:25:00 PM3/23/14
to Flapjax
The online compiler works too. Getting the REPL running... that's for later. I've removed the link for now.

Khurram Hanif

Apr 30, 2014, 2:40:57 AM4/30/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
The online Compiler never worked for me. Can you please provide a link which describe how I can run this compiler locally? I'm wondering why it needs to go to "Server" if everything is written in JS?

Arjun Guha

Apr 30, 2014, 6:02:04 AM4/30/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
The compiler is actually written in Haskell, which is why it goes to the server. There are several download links for various platforms on the website. However, the compiler is quite optional. It is easy enough to use flapjax as a JavaScript library.
Sent from my phone

Khurram Hanif

May 6, 2014, 1:59:07 AM5/6/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arjun,

A very quick question, Can we use templates syntax like {! mouseLeftB...       !} and have reactive expressions within html markup without using compiler or so to say when using Flapjax as a library?

All of the tutorials and examples are using something like INSERDOM ... DIV ... and other functions to UPDATE the DOM which becomes cumbersome and verbose as the application grow. Is it somehow possible that we use the template and have DOM updated
automatically?

Arjun Guha

May 6, 2014, 11:54:05 AM5/6/14
to Flapjax
Sorry, that syntax requires the compiler. I don't think it's possible to do it without compilation.

Arjun