Any issues with adding support for a new gateway?

Ken Hester

Sep 16, 2015, 4:33:01 AM9/16/15
to flapjack
We are interested in creating a new gateway to support opening a ServiceNow (incident management system) ticket based on an alert that requires human intervention.  ServiceNow supports a RESTful API to allow integration to initiate and manage incidents.  The gateway would first check to see if there is an existing ticket opened for the same alert within a given period and if not, it would initiate the opening of a new incident.  The metadata associated with a given alert that supports incident creation would be defined ahead of time and would be loaded from a JSON file.  We are seeking feedback on the creation of a new gateway that supports this type of functionality.

Thanks!