Nick Ruiz for FL House District 27

Nicholas Ruiz III

Sep 2, 2012, 10:02:55 PM9/2/12
to nr...@intertheory.org
NRIII and familyNick and Nancy

Dear Democrats,

I am sorry to hear of Dennis Mulder's resignation. Please send your thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

In light of the vacancy created by the resignation, I am writing to ask for your nomination for the seat. I am a New Deal Democrat in the strongest sense imaginable, and few people would question my ability to bring the fight to Republican David Santiago. This seat is for Democrats to win, and I can win this seat for us all. And we need to have the right Democrat win. Otherwise, it's just another lost seat.

As reported by the Daytona News Journal and the Orlando Sentinel, I am clearly in consideration for this seat, and further, the best person to replace Mulder in this race. I have been campaigning for the people of this district for several years as a congressional Democratic candidate. My professional background as an educator, my proven dedication to the betterment of us all, my strength of purpose and solidarity, I believe provide hope and inspiration to Democrats all over the country. And that is exactly what is needed to defeat Republican David Santiago.

In stark contrast, of the other two contenders, Bob Garcia is a non-starter, who just endorsed Republican John Mica for FL-7. That alone, should exclude him from consideration here. Phil Giorno, as Volusia DEC chair, is compromised in his position and too imbricated within the process to be a serious contender. It would be unethical for him to utilize his Volusia DEC position as a pivot point to insert himself into this opening.

My commitment to the health, education and well-being of our people is long and sustained as a professor of humanities and philosophy.  What I bring to the table is the vision and commitment of government that functions to increase the well-being of all people, not simply a small fraction of self-appointed elites. Tallahassee needs to hear our voice, now more than ever. No one will fight for our collective Democratic interests more convincingly, than I will.

We can make a difference in Tallahassee. Let's see that it gets done.

I need ALL of you to email AND call DEC committee members Dr. T. Wayne Bailey, Joan Lane, and Joyce Cusack with your recommendation of 'Nick Ruiz' by Monday morning.

Dr. T. Wayne Bailey, (386) 822-7574 – home, (386) 736-3405 – work, (386) 748-8103 – cell, wba...@stetson.edu
Mrs. Joan Lane, (386) 736-1338  - home, (386) 748-3144 – cell, jcla...@aol.com
Mrs. Joyce Cusack, (386) 734-9517 – home,  (386) 747-7101 – cell, jcu...@totcon.com

If you get their voicemail, please make sure to leave a message with your recommendation.

Thank you so much for your support!

P.S. Please review my bio below.

In Solidarity,

Nick Ruiz

Bio:

Nick Ruiz for FL House District 27

Ph.D in Humanities, Florida State University, 2006
MLA in Liberal Arts, University of North Carolina, 2003
BS in Molecular and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, 1996

*Born in New York City in 1970 and reside in New Smyrna Beach.
(I live just three of miles outside of the FL-27 district boundary, and I
am happy to move within the boundary upon election, as required by law.)

*Happily married to my wife Danielle and have two sons, Nicholas and Kai.

*Professor at the University of Central Florida, teaching philosophy and
humanities.

*Previous Democratic candidate for U.S. Congress

Nicholas Ruiz III, Ph.D