Creating UI

Akima

Apr 7, 2016, 8:49:54 PM4/7/16
to Flambe
Hi all!

How is your flow of work to make an UI? What tools do you use to make it?

Because right now I'm creating them trough code (and pretty hardcoded) but I know (hope) this is not the "right" way to make them.
Thanks in advance!

Akima

Erin Gunn

Apr 8, 2016, 6:28:08 PM4/8/16
to Flambe
Right now, the way I do it is I create the UI in Flash, import that into flambe using flump and I have some helper functions that turn sprites in the flump animation into buttons.

Jon Grant

Apr 15, 2016, 3:13:11 PM4/15/16
to Flambe
We do all of our work in flash then use Flump to export the art.  For buttons, we make a movieclip with three frames.  One of the layers is called "sequence" and has labels for the button states.  We attach a class that looks for pointer interaction then puts the MC on the corresponding "up" "over" or "down" frame