Flambe Future

Aris Kostakos

Nov 10, 2015, 9:12:46 AM11/10/15
to Flambe
Hi all,

I was wondering about what the current state of flambe is, and what are its plans for the future. I can't help but notice that the last git update was on March 12, and although flambe is still fine, I get more and more worried about what it's support is gonna be when iOS 10 or the next Android OS comes out and breaks something in flambe.

Currently, we're using flambe for our generic 'programming free' game engine called Spark. I've got flambe to play nice with Away3D(flash) and Away3D(js), while 2D rendering is done of course, by flambe itself.

I'm not too worried about further features for flambe, like Video, tilemaps, UI, etc.. All this can be added upon by us.. All I'm looking for is a 'Hey' from the team, Bruno or Mark, that they haven't given up on the engine.

Thanks,
Aris

Bruno Garcia

Nov 12, 2015, 5:36:02 PM11/12/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aris,

I know it's been a little quiet lately. I've been working on a number of new features that will be a huge benefit to the Flambe community. Look forward to some exciting updates in the next few weeks!

Bruno

Aris Kostakos

Nov 15, 2015, 11:11:31 AM11/15/15
to Flambe, b...@aduros.com
Thanks for the heads up Bruno. That's pretty much all I needed.

Mark Knol

Nov 16, 2015, 4:07:13 AM11/16/15
to Flambe, b...@aduros.com
Yep I'm also still a Flambe user, we are now working on a *really* big games project that will be finished next year :o

Aymeric

Jan 19, 2016, 8:54:26 AM1/19/16
to Flambe, b...@aduros.com
Hi Bruno, any news on this updates ? Flambe is an awesome platform, and I'm a bit sad to see the issues count growing and the lack of small update/fix which would make life better for developers.

Bruno Garcia

Jan 28, 2016, 9:09:03 PM1/28/16
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aymeric, things are going well. I'm still planning to reveal the big new changes when they're ready... soon :)

On 01/19/2016 08:54 AM, Aymeric wrote:
Hi Bruno, any news on this updates ? Flambe is an awesome platform, and I'm a bit sad to see the issues count growing and the lack of small update/fix which would make life better for developers.

Tank

Feb 1, 2016, 11:54:14 AM2/1/16
to Flambe, b...@aduros.com
I've been afraid that flambe was abandoned, and I was just about to ask @markknol if he could maintain freshest fork with all PRs merged. I'm relieved to see it's not abandoned. I might be of help writing simple modules (for example my attempt at webcam access - http://codereview.stackexchange.com/questions/116242/camera-access-for-both-js-and-air ), github issue "easy pick" label would be helpful (Symfony project uses that).

Eagerly awaiting news from you guys!

Jeremy McCurdy

Mar 2, 2016, 8:16:50 AM3/2/16
to Flambe, b...@aduros.com
Any updates on this?

Erin Gunn

Mar 8, 2016, 5:33:38 PM3/8/16
to Flambe, b...@aduros.com
I'd love to hear something as well.  How long is soon?  I have a host of fixes that I need to make and I would prefer to make them on an active project so others can use it and provide input.

Mark Knol

Mar 9, 2016, 6:11:30 PM3/9/16
to Flambe
Please take a look here; https://github.com/aduros/flambe/issues/365

Brace yourselves, something BIG is coming!

In meanwhile, keep creating cool games :)

Erin Gunn

Mar 10, 2016, 7:55:39 AM3/10/16
to Flambe
Thanks Mark!  That is exactly what I needed to know.

JB

Jun 1, 2016, 11:21:23 AM6/1/16
to Flambe
Hello,
do you have any news on this ? The github page seems to be silent since march.

Mark Knol

Nov 15, 2016, 4:31:05 PM11/15/16
to Flambe
Bruno when can we expect something new?