Render sprites to wrap around edges (like pacman)

jongra...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 3:14:46 PM1/27/18
to Flambe
I have a game with a level sprite that holds all game sprites. When a game sprite moves outside the bounds of the level, it should re enter from the opposite side. Issue is when the sprite is partially out of bounds, I need to render part of the sprite already entering from the other side.

here is a picture copied from a similar game - see the blue character mid screen down, all the way to left. The front half is rendered on the right.

I'm trying to take a render of the stage and draw subtextures of the level to make this happen, but I can't seem to get it right.

ANy ideas