Re: Boat captain cut tow line in Florida parasailing accident that killed young mom

Jerry Newhouse

Jun 2, 2022, 3:50:03 PM6/2/22
In article <t2o3uu$3oqde$9...@news.freedyn.de>
Marilyn Mosby <lying_bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Having niggers walking around free is a big problem. That's why we need guns more than cars.

A Florida boat captain’s decision to cut a parasail tow line may
have contributed to a horrific Memorial Day accident that
claimed the life of a young Illinois mother, an expert told the
Miami Herald.

Supraja Alaparthi, 33, was parasailing with her son and nephew
in the Florida Keys on Monday when winds suddenly began to whip,
according to police.

Boat captain Daniel Couch, 49, feared the hurtling parasail
would start to drag his vessel and endanger both his crew and
the parasailing family members, officials said.

Couch cut the cable that connected the harness to his boat,
resulting in the parasail dragging Alaparthi and the kids along
the water’s surface for more than a mile.

A source told the newspaper that Couch had hoped to bring the
threesome aboard the boat after cutting the line and allowing
them to descend.

Instead, Alaparthi and the children eventually smashed directly
into Old Seven Mile Bridge, killing the mother and badly
injuring her nephew.

Parasailing pioneer Mark McCulloch, 66, told the Herald that
Couch violated a “golden rule” in severing the tow line.

“He should never have done that,” he said. “That’s the golden
rule. Do not cut the line.”

McCulloch said other tactics should have been used, like
steering the boat in a zigzag pattern to deflate the parasail.

A good Samaritan who witnessed the accident loaded the victims
into his boat and transported them to a nearby restaurant while
administering CPR with other crew members.

“It was pretty much the worst thing you could imagine,” he told
the Herald. “It was real bad.”

Alaparthi was soon declared dead while her 9-year-old nephew,
Vishant Sadda, suffered severe injuries and remains in critical
condition.

Her son, 10-year-old Shriakshith Alaparthi, suffered minor
injuries.

The victims were visiting Florida from Illinois.

The incident remains under investigation.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/01/florida-boat-captain-cut-tow-line-
in-parasailing-accident-that-killed-mom/

Greg Carr

Sep 8, 2022, 5:25:32 AM9/8/22
Way to go Good Samaritin. Para sailing always has some inherent risk just like water skiing.