Florida CEO urged staff to work through Ian. Then she took it back.

Leroy N. Soetoro

Nov 6, 2022, 8:38:25 PM11/6/22
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/09/28/florida-ceo-
postcardmania-hurricane-ian/

As Hurricane Ian neared on Monday, employees of a Clearwater, Fla.,
marketing firm gathered in a conference room to watch their CEO on a large
screen.

The storm, then a Category 1 that was expected to grow, was a
“nothingburger” that was overplayed by the media, said PostcardMania CEO
Joy Gendusa, who addressed workers remotely from the passenger seat of a
car. Then she asked those who were afraid to raise their hands.

“It’s not going to be that bad,” Gendusa said in a video recording of the
meeting obtained by The Washington Post.

“Obviously, you feeling safe and comfortable is of the utmost importance,
but I honestly want to continue to deliver and I want to have a good end
of quarter,” Gendusa said. “And when it turns into nothing I don’t want it
to be like, ‘Great, we all stopped producing because of the media and
[thought] maybe that it was going to be terrible.'”

By Monday morning, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) had already warned that
by midweek the hurricane would pose a “significant risk of life-
threatening storm surge, hurricane-force winds and heavy rainfall” to the
state’s west coast and the Panhandle. Multiple schools and colleges had
already shut their doors in preparation for Ian.

Several PostcardMania employees, who spoke to The Post on the condition of
anonymity because they feared retaliation, said Gendusa’s comments made
them feel underappreciated and exploited.

Her remarks come as the pandemic and burnout have led many to reevaluate
their work conditions, giving rise to conversations about the Great
Resignation and quiet quitting.

Hours later, Gendusa’s remarks sparked a barrage of social media comments
criticizing the company for urging staffers to work.

The company has since announced its offices will not open on Wednesday and
Thursday, adding it would also offer two days of paid time off for those
working remotely or volunteering at a shelter, PostcardMania spokeswoman
Jessica Lalau told The Post in an email.

Gendusa did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The
Post.

Hurricane Ian makes landfall in Florida as Category 4

Ian made landfall in Southwest Florida on Wednesday afternoon as a
Category 4 hurricane with winds up to 150 mph. It tied the fifth-strongest
hurricane to hit the United States. Its winds and flooding would continue
as the storm makes its way inland, the National Hurricane Center reported.
By Wednesday afternoon, more than 1 million customers in southwestern
Florida had lost power.

Several employees present at the Monday meeting told The Post that
Gendusa’s remarks made them feel as if their safety was less important
than the company making a profit. Even when officials were ordering some
to evacuate their homes, management expected them to work from the office,
employees said.

“She is in her car driving away from us and telling us to keep working,”
one employee told The Post. “It just felt wrong. I’m going to have to work
and you’re driving in your SUV, taking off.”

Another worker added: “There was a huge disconnect between her and her
employees. Not everybody lives in a nice place or in a safe place like
her.”

After Monday’s meeting, some employees took to private platforms to vent
over Gendusa’s remarks. Others, though, were so upset that they shared
their discontent with other colleagues from their desks.

It wasn’t until Tuesday when the company sent a message telling employees
that the offices would be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, staffers told
The Post. But management told workers they must work 40 hours this week.
If power went out and they couldn’t work Wednesday or Thursday, they must
make up their hours before the end of the week, according to some workers.
PostcardMania spokeswoman shared Gendusa’s Wednesday message.

On Wednesday, following the backlash on social media, the company
announced it was giving workers paid time off.

In a Wednesday email sent by company spokeswoman Lalau and shared with The
Post, employees were told that Gendusa’s remarks at the meeting were her
“personal opinion” and “not an official PostcardMania position in any
way.”

“Following Joy’s remarks, PostcardMania’s president Melissa Bradshaw took
the meeting over and reiterated that making sure everyone was safe was our
#1 priority,” Lalau said in the email.

But some employees were not buying Gendusa’s attempt to reverse course,
calling her statement disingenuous.

“She speaks for the company,” one worker told The Post. “She is the
company. She is the boss.”

Even before the company agreed to give them paid time off, workers told
The Post, most of them had already decided they were not going to go into
the office on Wednesday and Thursday.

One worker attempted to work from home on Wednesday but faced internet
issues.

“Even if I wanted to work I couldn’t,” the worker told The Post. For now,
they were staying put at home, waiting for whatever Ian would bring.

“There is no company worth sacrificing for,” the worker said. “I wouldn’t
give my life [or my belongings] for any company.”

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

Greg Carr

Nov 10, 2022, 3:23:31 PM11/10/22
Sounds like a horrible place to work. Bad boss.

https://panjiva.com/Damco-USA-Inc-Miami/2285227 Damco which has a operations center in Canada and of course Miami is and was a horrible place to work.

> --
> "LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
> recover with no after effects.

So 5% are killed or suffer terribly.

> No collusion - Special Counsel Robert Swan Mueller III, March 2019.
> Officially made Nancy Pelosi a two-time impeachment loser.

Trump was impeached twice his minions did not do well in the midterms and he has more ppl from his 4 year administration get sent up river than the 8 year Obama govt and the current Biden govt combined. Alex Jones just got hit with a 475 million dollar judgement

Alex Jones Hit With Another 475 Million Dollar Lawsuit Damage Award.
Subscribe
Greg Carr's profile photo
Greg Carr
11:39 AM (1 hour ago)
Good the mans comments on the Sandy Hook killings for years were reprehensible. He lied about his predicting 9/11 and he said he would rape specific men over his radio show. Around here Alex Jones and Info Wars stickers are defaced or removed fast. Good on the jury and judge in these matters.

BREAKING NEWS: Alex Jones is ordered to pay another $473million to Sandy Hook families - on top of $1 BILLION from last month
Judge Barbara Bellis imposed punitive damages of $473m on Thursday
It is on top of the $965million in compensation he was ordered to pay last month
Jones, who claimed on his podcast that Sandy Hook was a hoax, has laughed off the judgement
He claims he doesn't have the anywhere near to the amount of money he's been ordered to pay, and that the trial was unfair
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 14:05 EST, 10 November 2022 | UPDATED: 14:17 EST, 10 November 2022

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his company were ordered Thursday to pay an extra $473 million to victims' families and an FBI agent for calling the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting a hoax, adding to a nearly $1 billion jury verdict issued last month.

Connecticut Judge Barbara Bellis imposed the punitive damages on the Infowars host and Free Speech Systems. Jones repeatedly told his millions of followers the massacre that killed 20 first graders and six educators was staged by 'crisis actors' to enact more gun control.

Eight victims' relatives and the FBI agent testified during a month-long trial about being threatened and harassed for years by people who deny the shooting happened. Strangers showed up at some of their homes and confronted some of them in public. People hurled abusive comments at them on social media and in emails. And some received death and rape threats.

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his company were ordered Thursday to pay an extra $473 million to victims' families

Six jurors ordered Jones to pay $965 million to compensate the 15 plaintiffs for defamation, infliction of emotional distress and violations of Connecticut's Unfair Trade Practices Act, which bans deceptive business practices and unfair competition.

Jones has bashed the trial as unfair and an assault on free speech rights. He says he will appeal the verdicts. He also says he doesn't have the money to pay such huge verdicts, because he has less than $2 million to his name — which contradicted testimony at a similar trial in Texas.

Free Speech Systems, meanwhile, is seeking bankruptcy protection.

Bellis found Jones and Infowars' parent company liable for damages without a trial last year, as a consequence for what she called his repeated failures to turn over many financial documents and other records to the plaintiffs. After the unusual 'default' ruling, the jury was tasked only with deciding on the amount of compensatory damages and whether punitive damages were warranted.

Connecticut Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis imposed the punitive damages today

Jones says he turned over thousands of documents and the default ruling deprived him of his right to present a defense against the lawsuit.

In Connecticut, punitive damages for defamation and infliction of emotional distress are generally limited to plaintiffs' legal fees. The Sandy Hook plaintiffs' lawyers are to get one-third of the $965 million in compensatory damages under a retainer agreement — putting their legal fees at $322 million.

But there is no cap on punitive damages for violations of the Unfair Trade Practices Act. The plaintiffs had not asked for a specific amount of punitive damages, but under one hypothetical calculation they said such damages could be around $2.75 trillion under the unfair trade law.

In a similar trial in Texas in August, Jones was ordered to pay nearly $50 million to the parents of another child killed in the Sandy Hook shooting for calling the massacre a hoax. A forensic economist testified during that trial that Jones and Free Speech Systems have a combined net worth as high as $270 million.

A third and final trial over Jones' hoax claims is expected to begin around the end of the year in Texas.

As in Connecticut, Jones was found liable for damages without trials in both Texas cases because he failed to turned over many records to the plaintiffs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11413919/Alex-Jones-ordered-pay-475million-Sandy-Hook-families.html

> Donald J. Trump, cheated out of a second term by fraudulent "mail-in"
> ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

He lost he was outspent and he didn't support Ukraine his acolytes did not do well in the midterm elections.

> Thank you for cleaning up the disaster of the 2008-2017 Obama / Biden
> fiasco, President Trump.

Then the economy did a total tank and there was the worst corruption and illegal activity since the Nixon administration.

> Under Barack Obama's leadership, the United States of America became the
> The World According To Garp. Obama sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood
> queer liberal democrat donors.

Trump while a poon hound has had gays right behind his lectern while speaking. Milo who used to be a total Trumper is as queer as a 3 dollar bill.

> President Trump boosted the economy,

It tanked eventually,

>reduced illegal invasions, appointed
> dozens of judges and three SCOTUS justices.

Yes he did. His Ukraine policy is abhorrent though. Good for him getting vaxxed I just had my 4th Pfizer vaxx and the seasonal flu shot.