Re: !!! SOFTWARE 4 SALE !!!                                                                       37183

davi...@worldnewstonight.net

Jan 24, 2008, 2:01:44 PM1/24/08
wanting will make them unhappy. Thus they are given cares and business which
make them bustle about from break of day. It is, you will exclaim, a strange
way to make them happy! What more could be done to make them
miserable?--Indeed! what could be done? We should only have to relieve them
from all these cares; for then they would see themselves: they would reflect
on what they are, whence they came, whither they go, and thus we cannot
employ and divert them too much. And this is why, after having given them so
much business, we advise them, if they have some time for relaxation, to
employ it in amusement, in play, and to be always fully occupied.

How hollow and full of ribaldry is the heart of man!

144. I spent a long time in the study of the abstract sciences, and was
disheartened by the small number of fellow-students in them. When I
commenced the study of man, I saw that these abstract sciences are not
suited to man and that I was wandering farther from my own state in
examining them than others in not knowing them. I pardoned their little
knowledge; but I thought at least to find many companions in the study of
man and that it was the true study which is suited to him. I have been
deceived; still fewer study it than geometry. It is only from the want of
knowing how to study this that we seek the other studies. But is it not that
even here is not the knowledge wh