PHP 4 to PHP 5

Yasushi Shinjo

Jul 25, 2007, 4:10:00 AM7/25/07
新城@筑波大学情報です。こんにちは。

ふと見ると、PHP 4.4 シリーズの更新が年末で終了するという話が
出ていました。セキュリティ関連は、2008年8月8日まで。
今年中になんとかして PHP 5 に移行してくださいということです。

http://www.php.net/
PHP 4 end of life announcement
[13-Jul-2007]

Today it is exactly three years ago since PHP 5 has been
released. In those three years it has seen many improvements
over PHP 4. PHP 5 is fast, stable & production-ready and as
PHP 6 is on the way, PHP 4 will be discontinued.

The PHP development team hereby announces that support for
PHP 4 will continue until the end of this year only. After
2007-12-31 there will be no more releases of PHP 4.4. We
will continue to make critical security fixes available on a
case-by-case basis until 2008-08-08. Please use the rest of
this year to make your application suitable to run on PHP 5.

For documentation on migration for PHP 4 to PHP 5, we would
like to point you to our migration guide. There is
additional information available in the PHP 5.0 to PHP 5.1
and PHP 5.1 to PHP 5.2 migration guides as well.

それで、移行のしかたは一応書いてあります。その他に、注意点あ
りませんか。それから、本格運用前に試しに動かしてみたいという
ことはあります。何かうまい方法はないでしょうか。1 つの
Apache では動かないですよね。Apache を 2 つ上げるんですかね。