Ethereal Capture-Filter for web address filtering?

Felix Eggbert

Oct 25, 2004, 9:47:31 AM10/25/04
Hello,

I guess this question must have been asked before but I haven't found
any answers. My boss has told me to find out which web addresses within
the company are surfed to when he is on holidays.

The network is handled by a w2k server. For the stations the server acts
as gateway whereby it is forwarding internet traffic to a router which
is connected to the dsl line. So every traffic passes the server. I
installed Ethereal and played around a little bit. I already found out
how to filter all traffic on port 80. But of course this only returns
the data traffic between the two computers ip-addresses.

I guess I have to filter just the requests of the workstations to the
dns server, haven't I? With this I could theoretically see which
addresses are to be solved, am I right? How do I do this/which port do I
filter for name resolution?

Thanks and best regards,

Felix Eggbert, Germany