ANNOUNCE: 128-bit crypto: Fortify for Netscape v1.2.6 released

Farrell McKay

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

Sydney, Australia. (23 Aug, 1998). The Fortify for Netscape v1.2.6 releases
are now complete on both Windows 95/NT and Unix, and available for download.

This version adds support for Netscape's v4.06 browsers - which became
available earlier this week. In addition, it introduces new support for the
following browsers:

- v4.05+JDK1.1, i.e. the v4.05 browsers that incorporate the JDK1.1 patch.
- the Linux-2.0 dynamic-Motif browsers (dynamically linked Motif library).

This functionality is available immediately from the Fortify web site,
at http://www.fortify.net/download.html, or from the Fortify mirror
FTP sites (after propagation is complete).

Farrell McKay

About Fortify for Netscape:

Fortify for Netscape is a system that provides world-wide, unconditional,
full strength, 128-bit encryption to users of Netscape's Web browsers.
If you routinely use Netscape's export grade Web browsers (i.e. the ones
that are available on the net), then you need Fortify.

Fortify costs nothing to download and use. Nil. Zippo. Zilch. It currently
supports most, if not all, of the non-beta versions of Netscape Navigator
(3.0x) and Communicator (4.0x), that have been released on the following
platforms:-

DEC-OSF + Dec UNIX (Alpha systems)
SGI Irix 5.x and 6.x (Mips systems)
Sun Solaris 2.4 and 2.5.1 (Sparc systems)
Sun Solaris 2.4 (Intel x86 systems)
Sun SunOS 4.1.3_U1 (Sparc systems)
BSD, FreeBSD, BSDI (Intel x86 systems)
Linux-Elf and Linux-glibc2 (Intel x86 systems)
Microsoft Windows 95 and Windows NT (Intel x86 systems)
IBM OS/2 (Intel x86 systems)

Full details about availability, copyright, download sites, latest news,
and an FAQ guide can all be found at the Fortify web site:-
http://www.fortify.net/

Greg Berigan

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
In comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc,
f...@jolt.mpx.com.au (Farrell McKay) wrote:

> Sydney, Australia. (23 Aug, 1998). The Fortify for Netscape v1.2.6 releases
> are now complete on both Windows 95/NT and Unix, and available for download.

Do you not have Macs in Austrailia?

--
,=<#)-=# <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/wotw/> (The War of the Worlds)
,_--//--_,

Johannes Posel

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
Dear Greg -)

Am 4 Sep 1998 03:49:31 GMT schrieb Greg Berigan <gber...@cse.unl.edu>
im Artikel <6sno0b$i1$2...@unlnews.unl.edu> folgendes:

> Do you not have Macs in Austrailia?

And from your header:

Hehe... Is there a Unix for the Mac??

c'ya

--
eM@il should be private! PGP-secured Mail welcome! Send eMail to
<jpo...@munich.netsurf.de> with subject "SEND PGP-INFO" for Key-IDs

Chris McAfee

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
Johannes Posel wrote:

> Hehe... Is there a Unix for the Mac??

We've got 4.06 for MkLinux/PPC:

ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/4.06/development/english/unix/mklinux/

-Chris
mca...@netscape.com
Unix Communicator

Robert G. Eldridge

Sep 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/5/98
On 4 Sep 1998 03:49:31 GMT, Greg Berigan <gber...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:

>Do you not have Macs in Austrailia?

Unfortunately, yes we do.

They are sold in establishments called "Restaurants" but I am unable
to figure out why as the item fails to meet any reasonable
specification for products usually sold in such establishments.

Oh yes, they also seem to be only available in a "Big" format. Weird?

--
Robert G. Eldridge Cardiff NSW Australia
http://www2.hunterlink.net.au/~ddrge/

Greg Berigan

Sep 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/5/98
In comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc, kpn...@pobox.com (Kevin P. Neal) wrote:
>jpo...@munich.netsurf.de (Johannes Posel) wrote:
>>gber...@cse.unl.edu (Greg Berigan) wrote:

>> Hehe... Is there a Unix for the Mac??

> Actually, yes. There are several.

Yes. I just don't have the storage to install it right now. Also I
couldn't access unlnews.unl.edu with a newsreader on my Mac since the
University won't accept conections to their news server from my ISP.
Otherwise there would have been an X-Newsreader header for
MT-NewsWatcher.

Yes, I'm in the US, so the issue over 128 bit encryption being
installable overseas isn't an issue for me. Just wondering why a Mac
version isn't being developed to add 128 bit encryption to Netscape's
Mac browsers.

--
,=<#)-=# <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/wotw/> (The War of the Worlds)

_-~_-(####)-_~-_ If you feel that William Schlake is trolling ciwa.*,
(#>_--'~--~`--_<#) forward the offending postings to ab...@enteract.com.