Web Browser

My Name

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
I am looking for browser component that I can use to create a
customized browser. Microsoft has it, but the problem is to use
Microsoft's web browser component I need to have IE installed. I am
trying to write a browser which doesn't require installation of other
software. Does anyone have any idea? Please reply to my e-mail
cc...@im.gte.com. Thanks a lot.

Charles

Nicholas Paldino

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99

The liscensing agreement specifically states that IE needs to be shipped
as a whole in order to deliver components such as the web browser control,
MSHTML, or wininet.

tester

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Thanks for reply. That's right. And that's why I am searching for third party
web browser components which does not require any installation of any software.
Do you know any company out there making web browser components? Thanks

Ajay Kalra

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Take a look at http://www.gipsysoft.com/qhtm/features.html.

--
Ajay Kalra
ajay....@autodesk.com

Edward H.

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99
Try Home Page Software's Webster Pro Browser Control:

http://www.homepagesw.com/

Easy to use and a very reasonable licensing arrangement.

-Edward H.

My Name <myn...@company.com> wrote in message

Eric Krauska

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
I would recommend this control as well. I created an application a little
over a year ago using the Webster control, the application is distributed on
nearly 200 computers all around the globe supporting different languages,
and it works great! I have not had one support incident regarding this
control.

Enjoy!

Eric Krauska - MCSD