get sendmail/fetchmail to place the mails in the appropriate mailboxes

Van Puymbroeck Rikke

May 12, 2004, 6:26:36 PM5/12/04
Hi all,

it seems this group is pretty empty so I was thinking... Letz get this baby
up and running again...

I have the folowing installed
redhat 8.0
kernel-2.4.18-14
sendmail-8.12.5-7
fetchmail-5.9.0-16

I live in Belgium, use Skynet as provider so I am on DSL.

So here is my problem:

I a sending my mail via my local machine ( lets call this 1 appolonius ) and
relay it via my ISP outgoing mailserver. Receiving mail is done by popping
my mail from a mailserver I rent (lets call this 1 archimedes) to host my
stuff. The popping is done by OE and is working fine.

Now, I would like to set up appolonius so that it can retreive all the mail
from archimedes using fetchmail. When doing this appolonius needs to look
into its config to see for who all these mails are. I use many emailadresses
and they all come true archimedes. The main thing is to make accounts on
appolonius so that sendmail/fetchmail can place the message for person 1 in
person 1's mailbox, the message for person 2 in person 2's mailbox, etc...

Fetching the mail is no problem, this works... But how do I get it done that
sendmail/fetchmail places the messages into the appropriate mailboxes...
After that a pop daemon should allow my clients tp retreive there mail...
But thats for later...

The main Q is:
how do I config sendmail/fetchmail to place the mails in the appropriate
mailboxes???

Any help is appreciated.