Pray and Obay

Rev Gerry Moore Jr. PhD

Sep 1, 2009, 11:18:09 AM9/1/09

        Psalm 40:6) Sacrifice and offering You do not
desire, nor have You delight in them; You have given me the capacity to
hear and obey [Your law, a more valuable service than] burnt offerings
and sin offerings [which] You do not require. ~AMP~
        God delights in our obedience. Naturally, it
doesn't do God any good to talk to us if we aren't going to listen and
obey.
        For many years, I wanted God to talk to me, but
I wanted to pick and choose what to obey. I wanted to do what He said if
I thought it was a good idea. If I didn't like what I was hearing, then
I would act like it wasn't from God. God has given us the capacity both
to hear Him and to obey Him. He does not require a higher sacrifice than
obedience. Some of what God says to you will be exciting. Some things
God tells you might not be so thrilling to hear. But that doesn't mean
that what He tells you won't work out for good if you will just do it
His way. If you want God's will for your life, I can tell you the
formula in its simplest form: Pray and Obey.   God has given you the
capacity to do both.