We All Have a Limp

1 view

Rev Gerry Moore Jr. PhD

Sep 5, 2009, 10:25:11 AM9/5/09

        Genesis 32:28) And He said, Your name shall be
called no more Jacob [supplanter], but Israel [contender with God]; for
you have contended and have power with God and with men and have
prevailed. ~AMP~
        Jacob was a man with many weaknesses, yet he
pressed on with God ; he was determined to get God's blessing. God likes
that kind of determination. Because Jacob was so aggressive, God could
be glorified in him. God can gain glory for Himself through those who
will not let their personal weaknesses get in the way of God's work in
them. For God to do that through us, we must first come face to face
with the fact that we have weaknesses, and then we must determine not to
let them bother us. Our imperfections are not going to stop God unless
we let them do so.
      I'm going to ask you to do something, and it's very
important. Stop right now, and say out loud: "I accept myself. I love
myself. I know I have weaknesses and imperfections, but I will not be
stoped by then." Try doing that several times a day, and you will soon
develop a new attitude and outlook.
      Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord who touched
the hollow of his thigh, and as a result, he had a limp from that day
forward (see Genesis 32:24-32). I always say that Jacob limped from the
fight, but he limped away with his blessing. Another way to say it is
this: "God will bless us even though all of us have a limp (an
imperfection)". Remember, God sees our heart. If we have our faith in
Him and a heart that wants to do right, we have all we need to receive
God's blessings.