Satellite car radio

Frankie

Nov 15, 2018, 11:42:17 PM11/15/18
I went to the car dealer to shop for a new car.
They never heard of SiriusXM radio.
Does it exist over here.
Wakayama Japan.

Thanks

Band Beyond You

Nov 16, 2018, 1:24:05 AM11/16/18
Not surprising that they never heard of Sirius. It might only be US
satellite coverage anyway...if I were you I’d contact their US customer
service and pose these specific questions. Other, non-satellite services
like Slingbox, which is Internet-based, are known to work in Japan with a
US account, but satellite stuff is more tightly controlled and regulated;
once you leave their legal contracted and permitted territory, it’s rather
unlikely IMO that a US satellite service provider will function for you
(especially in Japan). Good luck!

Frankie

Nov 16, 2018, 1:57:03 AM11/16/18
Thanks for the reply.
I just figured that being here in Japan it would be like totally available.
I was shocked when they never heard if it.

I will keep digging.

Band Beyond You

Nov 16, 2018, 12:57:22 PM11/16/18
Even departing the mainland US airspace on a plane cuts off the onboard
DirectTV satellite service on certain airlines (United Airlines in my
experience), so I’m not surprised when other US satellite-based
entertainment and media companies don’t offer service at all beyond US
borders. Such satellite services can be strictly controlled, unlike
Internet offerings.

Band Beyond You

Nov 16, 2018, 1:05:17 PM11/16/18
Which leads me to recommend the ooTunes app for iPhone, which I’ve used for
years in the car, around the house and on headphones, and which brings in
tons of radio stations from around the world (you can search and select
your own favorites) without advertising interruptions (no adds from the
app, though individual stations may have their own ads). The author is very
responsive, and maintains his app as a labor of love (after the few dollars
initial cost, which is totally worthwhile).

http://ootunes.com

Frankie

Nov 16, 2018, 6:28:52 PM11/16/18
I have Spotify and that is good.
I just figured that being in a technological country it would be a breeze.
NOT!

It is probably so over regulated that no company can get in the market.

These poor people are like a bunch of cattle.

I appreciate your responses.
Rock on...