Beginner Questions

Todd Hopfinger

Jul 2, 2002, 2:06:22 AM7/2/02

I have a few questions:

Does the copy constructor have unrestricted access to its reference
argument's private data or does it access its argument's private data
through member functions? For example,

X::X( X& z) {
z.somePrivateData;
}

Is this rule true for all member functions that take an argument of the same
class type?

How does the function frame work and where can I learn more about it?

What is reentrancy and where can I learn more about it?

What does the const qualifier mean when returning by value for built-in
types and user-defined types? Built-in types returned by value can't be
lvalues regardless of the const qualifier, why?

Where can I learn more about temporary objects? (Their lifetime (explain
destruction at end of full expression) and when they need to be created -
especially with regard to return by value)

Thanks for your time and help!

Sincerely,

Todd Hopfinger
thopf...@worldnet.att.net