Starting Up Word

Large Allen

Aug 16, 2006, 12:31:16 PM8/16/06
Updated to XP and when I start up Word the thing called the
"Task Pane" also pops up with it. I don't need the Task Pane
and when I remove it, create a real document, & save, the
Task Pane is not there when I recall that document.

So, how can I tell Word that I don't want this Task Pane coming
up whenever I start it up?

Thanks for your assistance.

Large Allen

Aug 16, 2006, 12:35:21 PM8/16/06

Well, well, well........ I looked & looked and could not find an
answer to my question above. Then I post the above for help.
Then I go back and at the bottom of the Task Pane a little thing
pops up at me big time that says "show at start up".

There's my own answer to my own question. Sorry to bother anyone.