Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Louise BB

no leída,
25 abr 2018, 2:20:35 p.m.25/04/18
para Fixity Users
Hello,

I'm testing out Fixity v1 on Windows. I am trying to scan our backup data which is on a network share storage array. I'm working with my IT because on some longer scans I lose connection, which causes Fixity to crash.

The Fixity debugger is full of entries like this one:

[ERROR] 23:48 (Debugger.java:errorLog:27)
Z:\cooper_intranet_PubDocs\bcdocs\281249\2009\04_Oct_Dec\395.pdf (The specified network name is no longer available)

Are there recommendations for the location of the data for scans? Can it be on a network share?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Louise

Kari S.

no leída,
26 abr 2018, 10:54:47 a.m.26/04/18
para Fixity Users
Hi Louise,
we loaded Fixity on the computer (VM) that was the network share main entry point and then set it to run against folders on that mapping.  It helped a lot because the scans aren't reliant on our desktops in other buildings (with various network connectivity) nor our laptops, which would lose the scan.

Setting up the email to work (having the browser with Gmail enabled) on the VM was an important other step (we use Outlook and can't use Fixity to use it for email) so that we know that scans are happening.  Being able to save the logs / reports to a folder not on the same machine is really useful in this kind of set up so you have access to it even though you don't need to log into that machine to run scans.

Kari

Kari Smith, Institute Archivist
MIT Institute Archives and Special Collections
MIT Libraries, Cambridge Massachusetts
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar