Encryption of history and report files

Jamie Patrick-Burns

Mar 19, 2019, 2:55:31 PM3/19/19
to Fixity Users
Hello everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has had issues with Fixity encrypting the history and report tsv files and if so, is there a way to change the settings? I realized that if I copy them to another location I get a pop-up window asking "Do you want to copy this file without encryption? You are copying the file to a destination that does not support encryption" with a Yes/No option. Someone else was unable to open a file I'd copied to a hard drive. In any case, I'm not sure how much is our network security coming into play and how much is Fixity. Thanks for any insights.

Jamie Patrick-Burns

ch...@weareavp.com

Mar 26, 2019, 11:45:59 AM3/26/19
to Fixity Users
Hello Jamie,

Thanks for your email. Fixity does not encrypt these files. I am guessing that the encrypting is being performed by your computer somehow. If there's anyway we can be helpful please let us know.

Best!

Chris