Fixity running in background slows PC?

Janice Chen

Oct 2, 2019, 11:58:28 PM10/2/19
to Fixity Users
Hi there

I've been running Fixity across a couple of days (I have no idea if this is too long or reasonable as the directory is a couple of TB big and on LTO).

I've been noticing in drastic drop in performance on my workstation which Fixity is running on. There are no other active programmes running, just Fixity. Opening other programmes will take more than 5 minutes.

I wonder if is it because Fixity is running in the background that is causing this issue? Would it be wise to kill the program now as I need to use the workstation for other purposes.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Janice Chen
Asian Film Archive

Bertram Lyons

Dec 30, 2019, 1:56:52 PM12/30/19
to Fixity Users
Hi Janice --

This issue may be related to issues we are having with Fixity 1.0 in general. Are you running 1.0 or 0.5?

Thanks --

Bert