Re: [fixity-users] How long will take to scan 42MB files?

Allison Seagram

May 23, 2018, 2:17:36 PM5/23/18
to fixity...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lingling,

I scan a network drive of 171 GB and it takes anywhere from 1 hour 40 min to over 5 hours - although it usually take around 2 hours. I have had much better luck when I run the scan myself rather than using the scheduled scan.

I agree - the percentage would be a great help.

-Allison

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Lingling Jiang <jiang...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying the tool today. The installation and setup are simple and easy. I started to scan a folder with files, approx. 42MB on a network drive. The dialog says "... is currently scanning..." for 30 minutes now and still no sign of completion. Can it scan files on a network drive? How long will it take to scan files in this size?

I wish it could show the progress of the scanning job, e.g. the percentage of files has been scanned. That simple text message is not helpful at all as you don't know where it is now and how long you still have to wait for the job to be done.

Thanks,
Lingling Jiang