Fwd: This Saturday!! - Fixit Clinic CXXXIX (139) Oakland Public Library Temescal Branch

Steve Berl

Feb 3, 2016, 4:47:19 PM2/3/16
to fixi...@googlegroups.com

Calling all handywomen and handymen, tinkerers and sewers! This is a special coaches' recruiting Fixit Clinic launching regularly-scheduled Fixit Clinics through the Oakland Public Libraries.

(Being a Fixit Coach is easy: we supply the tools: all you need is curiosity and a willingness to encourage others and help others in opening up their broken stuff.)

We’re adding fabric and textile repair to Fixit Clinics: people who know how to sew are particularly welcome. Also needed: help with registration and greeting, help with online research to aid with troubleshooting.

So come with your family and friends and bring something broken to this do-it-together event.

——————————————

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

An All-Ages Do-it-Together (D.I.T) repair event: bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, bicycles, clothes, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked. This is a family-friendly event: accompanied children are heartily invited! (BONUS: we'll have fabric / textile repair coaches and tools on hand as well.)

——————————————————————————————

WHAT:  Fixit Clinic CXXXIX (139) at the Oakland Tool Lending Library
WHEN:  Saturday, Feb 6 Noon-3PM
WHERE: Oakland Public Library, Temescal Branch: 5205 Telegraph Avenue Oakland, CA
HOW:  Register at http://goo.gl/qTzh9J then
- Bring your broken item (carry-in only: no oversize items)
- Bring parts and tools that might be helpful (e.g. sewing supplies)
- Come ready to describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
- Come ready to share what you know with others
WHO:  All ages welcome: a family-friendly event
COST: Free!
WHY: To make friends, learn and teach how to fix things, and have fun!

More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic by being a Fixit Coach? Register here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK