Fabric Fixit Clinic July 19, Fixit Clinic July 26

Peter Mui

Jul 17, 2014, 1:13:55 PM7/17/14
to fixi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fixit Fans:

Here are two Fixit Clinics the next two Saturdays:

1) July 19: Fabric Fixit Clinic in Oakland: http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Swap-O-Rama-Rama/events/184744722/ This is a special fabric-specific event, going forward we'd like to weave more fabric repair into our "regular" Fixit Clinics.

2) July 26: Fixit Clinic LXXXV (#85) in San Carlos: We’d love to have more Fixit Coaches on hand to help others with troubleshooting their broken stuff: can you help or do you know of others who can? If yes: please email fixit...@gmail.com to let us know (and so we can have an accurate head count for lunch (wink!).)  Either way: you and others can bring their family and friends with their broken things to the actual event: register on Eventbrite here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/rethinkwastes-1st-fixit-clinic-tickets-11934858483

(copy/paste-able announcement)

Fixit Clinic LXXXV (#85) - Shoreway Environmental Center

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

Bring your broken, non-functioning things: electronics, appliances, computers, toys, etc. for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked. This is a family-friendly event: children are heartily invited!

WHAT: Fixit Clinic LXXXV (#85) at Shoreway Environmental Center
WHEN: Saturday, July 26, 11AM-2PM
WHERE: Recology Shoreway Environmental Center, Building 6, 225 Shoreway Rd, San Carlos, CA 94070 http://rethinkwaste.org/shoreway-facility/map
HOW: Bring: 1) your non-working thing (carry-in only, no oversize items)
2) any tools you already own that might be helpful
3) any knowledge or advance research you've done on the issue
4) boxes, bags and/or small containers to carry away parts
WHY: To make friends, learn how things work, and have fun!

FIXIT COACHES WANTED: want to help at this event? Email fixit...@gmail.com

www.fixitclinic.org
Facebook: "Like" Fixit Clinic: https://www.facebook.com/FixitClinic
Google+: Add Fixit Clinic to your circles and join the Fixit Clinic Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111525193946026734520/

https://plus.google.com/b/111525193946026734520/communities/115532798716830349634

Hope to see you at either or both events, -Peter