Fixit Clinic Sunday Dec 1 1PM-4PM

Peter Mui

Nov 29, 2013, 4:51:21 PM11/29/13
to fixi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fixit Fans:

Our next Fixit Clinic is this Sunday Dec 1 1PM-4PM the Albany Community Center: please let your friends know. It's a special holiday-themed Fixit Clinic promoting the idea of fixing as giving: for loved ones as well as the planet.

The facebook event notice is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1401712520040987/, the text-based announcement is below.

Hope to see you there! -Peter

--------------------------------
Fixit Clinic at Albany Community Center

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

Bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked. This is a family-friendly event: children are heartily invited!

WHAT: Fixit Clinic LXVII (#67) at Albany Community Center
WHEN: Sunday, Dec 1, 2013 1-4PM
WHERE: Albany Community Center, 1249 Marin Avenue, Albany, CA
HOW: Bring: 1) your broken or non-working things (carry-in only: no oversize items)
2) accessories and tools you already own that might be helpful
3) any knowledge or advance research you've done on the issue
4) boxes, bags and/or small containers to organize (and carry away) parts.
COST: Free!
WHY: To make friends, learn how things work, and have fun!