Is there a FixitClinic organizers community to banter with?

6 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

NolaGuy

não lida,
28 de out. de 2013, 12:29:0528/10/2013
para fixi...@googlegroups.com
I want to start a Fixit Clinic in New Orleans, but am unsure about some things.

I did find this How To Start Your Own powerpoint helpful:

As well as their site as a template for a public website and promotion:

Beyond that I found a few FB pages (including yours) but I think those are a better venue for announcements, community feedback, etc.for specific geographic groups than for this kind of general discussion.

But I want a venue and community for discussing more specific advice: Advice on vetting prospective volunteers without hurting feelings (you think someone might not be the instructor/mentor type)? Sample waivers?  Municipal issues like permits, going afoul of local licensing issues (maybe a non-issue if there is no compensation for services rendered)?  Some ideas on filling gaps in volunteer skills (e.g. - getting more menders, fabricators, whatever). What have you done when volunteers actually "break" the thing even worse?  Maintaining interest among volunteers to continue showing up?

One thing I'd like to pursue is the idea to link up with our local Time Bank [http://www.nolatimebank.org/], and see if volunteers can bank the hours they provide and redeem them later for their own benefit.

Hope we can start a conversation about starting and running events like this.

Thanks,
Dan
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor