Upcoming Fixit Clinics: June 2013

Peter Mui

May 30, 2013, 9:59:15 PM5/30/13
to fixi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fixit Fans:

We have two upcoming Fixit Clinics in the SF Bay Area  in June:

1) Fixit Clinic LII (#52) at Albany Community Center Sunday, June 9, 2013 1-4PM
2) Fixit Clinic LIV (#54) at Temescal Branch,  Saturday, June 22, 2013 noon-3PM
(Fixit Clinic LIII (#53) is Saturday, June 15, 2013 in Bloomington, Minnesota https://www.facebook.com/events/415439928542666/)

See the text-based announcements below, feel free to forward them along to others.  Hope to see you at either or both Fixit Clinics!

Cheers, -Peter

---------------------------
Fixit Clinic at Albany Community Center

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

Bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked. This is a family-friendly event: children are heartily invited!

WHAT:   Fixit Clinic LII (#52) at Albany Community Center
WHEN:  Sunday, June 9, 2013 1-4PM
WHERE: Albany Community Center, 1249 Marin Avenue, Albany, CA http://www.albanyca.org
HOW:      Bring: 1) your broken or non-working thing (carry-in only: no oversize items)
      2) accessories and tools you already own that might be helpful (e.g. phillips head screwdriver)
      3) any knowledge or advance research you've done on the issue
      4) boxes, bags and/or small containers to organize (and carry away) parts.
COST:   Free!
WHY:     To make friends, learn how things work, and have fun!

Facebook: "Like" Fixit Clinic: www.fixitclinic.org
Google+: Add Fixit Clinic to your circles and join the Fixit Clinic Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111525193946026734520/

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic? Email pete...@gmail.com

Fixit Clinic at Oakland Public Library

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

Bring your broken, non-functioning things: electronics, appliances, computers, toys, etc. for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair.  We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item.  Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked.  This is a family-friendly event: children are heartily invited!

WHAT:     Fixit Clinic LIV (#54 at Oakland Public Library, Temescal Branch
WHEN:    Saturday, Jun 22, 2013 Noon-3PM
WHERE: Oakland Public Library, Temescal Branch: 5205 Telegraph Avenue Oakland, CA 94609 http://www.oaklandlibrary.org/locations/temescal-branch
HOW:      Bring:  1) your non-working thing (carry-in only)