Fixit Clinic this Saturday (Aug 24), Downtown Oakland

Peter Mui

Aug 19, 2013, 3:54:49 PM8/19/13
to fixi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fixit Fans:

We having a Fixit Clinic this Saturday in Downtown Oakland: see the text-based announcement below, feel free to forward them along to others.  Hope to see you there!

Cheers, -Peter

---------------------------
Fixit Clinic at Sudo Room

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

Bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked. This is a family-friendly event: children are heartily invited!

WHAT:   Fixit Clinic LVIII (#58) at Sudo Room
WHEN:  Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 2-5PM
WHERE: Sudo Room 2141 Broadway St, Oakland https://sudoroom.org/
HOW:      Bring: 1) your broken or non-working thing (carry-in only: no oversize items)
      2) accessories and tools you already own that might be helpful (e.g. phillips head screwdriver)
      3) any knowledge or advance research you've done on the issue
      4) boxes, bags and/or small containers to organize (and carry away) parts.
COST:   Free!
WHY:     To make friends, learn how things work, and have fun!

Facebook: "Like" Fixit Clinic: www.fixitclinic.org
Google+: Add Fixit Clinic to your circles and join the Fixit Clinic Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111525193946026734520/

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic? Email stev...@gmail.com
---------------------------

Steve Berl

Aug 19, 2013, 4:29:51 PM8/19/13
to Peter Mui, fixi...@googlegroups.com
Just a heads up that the entrance to Sudo Room is actually around the corner on 22nd street. Take the elevator up to the 2nd floor.

-steve

-steve

Kent Leech

Aug 19, 2013, 4:32:33 PM8/19/13
to Peter Mui, fixi...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could be there. Will be pounding stakes into the playa by then. See you all at the next one.
-----

Kent Leech Illustration
http://www.kentleech.com
ke...@kentleech.com