Last Call: Fixit Clinic THIS SATURDAY (Jan 21): Can you coach?

Fixit Clinic

Jan 15, 2017, 12:25:16 PM1/15/17
to Fixit Clinic
Hi Fixit Coaches:

We’ve got a Fixit Clinic THIS SATURDAY Jan 21 1PM-4PM at the Castro Valley Library: can you coach? Sign up here:http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

• 2017 Jan 21 Castro Valley Library https://plus.google.com/events/csc17ik6d08np9rpafh9no2mns4 https://www.facebook.com/events/560340137497054/ (also see the text blurb pasted below.)

This event is going to be held concurrently with a Swap-O-Rama-Rama so we’ll have excellent coverage for textile and fabric fixing: https://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Swap-O-Rama-Rama/events/236451502/

Based on the advance check-ins it looks like it’s going to be a busy event:

So far the Fixit Coaches signed up are:
Andrea Moss
Kent Leech
Mike Barbaro
Peter Mui
Roy Henrichs
Ruth Grace Wong (NEW: Welcome!)
Sarah Foster-Peck
THANK YOU for Coaching! Anyone else want to join in on the fun? Sign up here:http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

If anyone needs a carpool or can offer a carpool please indicate that when signing up. (The Castro Valley Library is easy walking distance from the Castro Valley BART too.)

Hope to see you there! -Peter

Peter Mui @ Fixit Clinic
www.fixitclinic.org - Celebrating repair through all-ages do-it-together hands-on STEM-oriented fix-n-learn community disassembly and discovery
408 647 5790
fixit...@gmail.com

————————————————————

P.S.: I was interviewed about Fixit Clinic on Radio Valencia Tuesday morning:
Podcast Stream: http://www.radiovalencia.fm/thoughts-of-a-common-man/2017/01/10/toacm-radio-thoughts-of-a-common-man-guest-peter-mui-of-fixit-clinic/
www.thoughtsofacommonman.net
-P

Fixit Clinic CXCIV (194) Castro Valley Library

Back by popular demand! Our previous events at the Castro Valley Library have been big hits: we look forward to seeing you at this Fixit Clinic!

Celebrating repair through do-it-together hands-on STEM-oriented fix-n-learn community-based discovery and disassembly: bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, sewing machines, bicycles, and clothes, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked.

WHAT: Fixit Clinic CXCIV (194) - Castro Valley Library
WHEN: Saturday, Jan 21 1PM-4PM
WHERE: Castro Valley Library, 3600 Norbridge Ave., Castro Valley, CA 94546
HOW: Register at http://goo.gl/qTzh9J then
- Bring your broken item (carry-in only: no oversize items)
- Bring parts and tools that might be helpful (e.g. sewing supplies)
- Come ready to describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
- Come ready to learn and to share what you already know with others
WHO: All ages welcome: a family-friendly event: accompanied children are heartily invited!
COST: Free!
WHY: To make friends, learn and teach how to fix things, and have fun!

More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org

New Fixit Coaches always welcome: are you a handywoman or handyman and handy kid, or wannabe or junior handyperson, tinkerer or sewer? Sign up here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Ruth Grace Wong

Jan 15, 2017, 12:54:01 PM1/15/17
to fixit...@gmail.com, Fixit Clinic

Hi, should I bring anything? I have a small screwdriver kit, Dremel, and needle and thread for hand sewing.
Ruth