I-70

Sparks, Jeffrey

Mar 13, 2008, 12:13:45 PM3/13/08
to fixI...@googlegroups.com

I am unclear how this bill is anything but poorly placed band aid, on a failing interstate system.  If understood correctly, truckers, and those traveling alone, can share a lane or be penalized (either with fines or by time lost traveling at a slower rate than allowed).  I agree that an HOV lane on I-70 would be beneficial, but create one prior to implementing the bill.  As someone who travels I-70 for business regularly, offer me an alternative route across Colorado, before taxing the only direct highway that crosses the state.

This bill is a monopoly in that drivers would be forced and furthermore punished to drive I-70.  Why not create a new surcharge for single business airline travelers while you’re at it.  It’s another sure way to make some money and anger and frustrate the public even more.

Sinerely,

Jeff Sparks

jeffe...@hotmail.com

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding
or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.
This email may have been monitored for policy compliance.  [021216]

Salazar, Carl

Mar 10, 2008, 4:16:59 PM3/10/08
to fixI...@googlegroups.com

I'm not a proponent of adding lanes to I-70 because of the projected growth in the next 15-20 years, it will only postpone the problem for the time being,

I do not believe that trucks are the major cause of the congestion, we pay the largest amount of tax and Western slope communities have a dependency on us to provide them with fuel, food, medicine, packages, etc, we need to come up with a solution to address the Ski traffic,

Rail is the correct avenue to persue, we can add capacity, frequency, reverse these to accomodate the traffic need,

Trucks must not be charged or restricted for various reasons, Hours of Service, Food supplies, etc.

Carl Salazar
Trans. Safety/Fleet Supervisor
Cell     303-901-6776
Fax      303-866-9073