revenue neutral congestion charge

BudSki

Mar 15, 2008, 8:52:34 PM3/15/08
to Fix I-70 Now
Sometimes changing the words we use changes the way we think about
things.
It's clear most are opposed to "tolls" and I don't much like them
either.
However I hate congestion more.
Our objective is to reduce congestion delays.
During time periods when there are normally no delays, no charge.
zero.
During time periods when there are normally significant delays, assess
a congestion charge. Adjust the charge to keep delays at a minimum.

It is critical that all funds from the congestion charge be used to
reduce delays by measure such as free peak hour bus service, road
improvements, etc. All excess charges must be returned to the
Colorado tax payers as a refund.

Finally, remember that this can be done quickly and at minimal cost
and risk.

So let's drop the word "toll" and use congestion charge instead. If
you want to cause congestion, you will be charged.