fix I70 now...

AMANDA VIRTUE

Mar 17, 2008, 2:44:57 PM3/17/08
to fixi...@googlegroups.com
I think some of these ideas are ridiculous....  My family takes day trips to Denver in the summer and overnight trips to all over the front range in the winter, I also travel to Denver for business.  Why should I be forced to pay a fee to use the highway that is already owned to get to and from pleasure and business trips on the other side of the mountains.  Just because the people of Denver are forced to drive a little slower to get to the mountains in a little bit of traffic they are generally the ones causing the accidents and the back up and also seem to be the reason why the highway seems to close for the smallest amounts of snow.

Maybe you should require people of the front range to pass an ice/ winter driving class before they can use the highway in the high country or make Colorado a hands free state (no cell phones while driving).

Do not punish  the people of the high country for making a choice of living where we do.  We should not have to pay to use our highway to travel, to go home or to ski...

Amanda Virtue
Aspen, Colorado resident for 14 years