OK...so let's FIX I-70

Longsworth, Nancy

Mar 18, 2008, 2:46:50 PM3/18/08
to fixI...@googlegroups.com, nlon...@q.com, Catherine Longsworth, reilly, rob
Dear Chris,

Let's encourage a fix by using several different methods:

1. Providing public transportation at Park-and-Rides to go to the ski areas and making it able to use our RTD passes for discounts.
2. Making the Colorado State Patrol a partner in keeping traffic moving not impeding it with their "ticket agenda"...we are skiing not smuggling drugs!!!!!  Making them helpful in using frontage roads for traffic flow during peak hours.  Also making them responsible for freeing snow plows during traffic stoppages and jams.  An example is the I-70 closure and jam a couple of weeks ago around Mt. Vernon Canyon where two or three plows were caught in the jam and the State Patrol was doing NOTHING in helping free them to service the east-bound lanes.....the bands on their hats must have been overly tight that day!!!!!
3. Actively inspecting and ticketing truckers who do not chain up properly! Publishing the names of trucking firms who routinely do not follow the law and then increasing their road tax burden if they have more than their share of infractions!
4. Limiting trucking during ski season during the hours of 7:00AM-9:30AM and 2:00-5:30PM on Saturday & Sundays in the predominate ski travel direction.
5. Increasing parking capacity for those who do car-pool since the lots built are already at capacity.

Why are we making local skiers pay more when we are not the tourists who use van or limos to get to their destination?  This makes not sense!!!!!

Nancy S. Longsworth
Senior, Registered Client Service Associate

Morgan Stanley & Co., Incorporated

370 17th St., Suite 5100
Denver, CO 80202
303-595-2070 direct

303-595-2127 fax

thekh...@MorganStanley.com

Important Notice to Recipients:
It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect the purchase or sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer instructions, or to effect any other transactions. Any such request, orders, or instructions that you send will not be accepted and will not be processed by Morgan Stanley.