Fix I-70

Richard Zech

Mar 21, 2008, 10:03:58 AM3/21/08
to fixI...@googlegroups.com

Senator,

I-70 should have been widened 20 or more years ago. Trying to limit access by imposing a surcharge, “TAX”, on people using it is unfair. At this moment you are only talking about the Ski Season. I do not Ski. I do like to camp during the Spring, Summer and Fall. The traffic on any weekend in this state is beyond belief. The state has hid it’s head in the sand and done who knows what with the funding for roads. I know from personal experience you can tell with your eyes closed when you are leaving Colorado by the amount of bouncing around your car is doing. All I can see is a state where the government thinks the answer to all problems is add tax upon tax, surcharge upon surcharge. When will it end.

Just as a point of interest, I have lived her 20 years and know a lot of native folks native to Colorado and none of them can even afford to ski. A lot of them are going to work when you want to further tax them for driving on I-70.

Keep the government out of who travels where and when. The people can figure that out. Make some decisions on improving the infrastructure, that is what government does.

Yours Truly,

Richard Zech

Littleton,  Co.