Tutorial

p...@softsuit.be

Sep 4, 2017, 7:33:00 AM9/4/17
to fix8 support
Hi everyone,
As a total newbie to the fix protocol and the fix8 software, a simple tutorial on how to build your client application step by step would be usefull. Does anybody know of a good book or tutorial on the subject. Of course i could rely on the example program provided, but i'm sorry to say, it won't win a prize on readability or good coding practice.
I'm guessing I should create a configuration first, then open a clientsession and then a connection. But hey I'm just guessing, it could as well be the other way around create a connection and then open a client session.

regards,
Nunki

Mazz Barker

Sep 4, 2017, 7:54:43 PM9/4/17
to fix8 support
I think the online doco has such a tutorial, so start there. There are plenty of examples. Since the framework is feature heavy, the examples look complicated - probably trying to demonstrate too much but I think they're not too bad. There aren't any shortcuts - you have to study it and understand what you're doing.
/mazz