Is it possible to receive the messages from the server which doesn't use FIX8?

Port

May 18, 2020, 1:49:59 AM5/18/20
to fix8 support
Hi :)

I'm a newbie to get started to develop a client using FIX8 to receive trade capture report from another server which doesn't use FIX8.

I've newly developed the client.
Now I can connect the local server through localhost and receive the trade capture messages from my server, 'myfix.cpp'.

But I wonder whether the client which is developed using FIX8 can be connected to the other site(e.g. Another Server. not my server with FIX8)
and it can send&receive messages(e.g. trade capture report) with where it doesn't use FIX8.

Thanks for reading me and please help.

Patrick Luck

Jul 6, 2020, 5:17:25 PM7/6/20
to fix8 support
Hi,

I am relatively new to this community and FIX, but I believe that the answer is yes- you can connect to another server that is not "your server with FIX8", and a client and server do not need to use the same 'brand' of FIX engine in order to communicate with each other. For example, your client may use FIX8, but the server you wish to connect to may use some other FIX engine or a custom/proprietary FIX engine.

I hope I have answered your question.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Port

Jul 6, 2020, 8:10:57 PM7/6/20
to fix8 support
Hi,

Thanks for your kind answer.

I actually found it possible to connect between different FIX engines and my site with FIX8 just few weeks ago.
But your answer helped me a lot :)

Thanks and regards,
Port

2020년 7월 7일 화요일 오전 6시 17분 25초 UTC+9, Patrick Luck 님의 말: