Test client/servers: changing schema to FIX 4.2?

Patrick Luck

Jul 21, 2020, 8:13:11 AM7/21/20
to fix8 support
Hello,

Is it possible to change the schema to FIX 4.2 when using the test client/servers for f8test and harness?

I went into Makefile.am within the /test directory and changed the schemas to FIX42.xml and omitted the line included in the make file for FIXT. I then ran make and make install within test, but the output remained the same and continued to use the default schema FIX 5.0. I also ran f8c over the FIX 4.2 schema to generate the cpp and hpp files within the test directory which replaced the generated files that were initially in the directory for the FIX 5.0 schema, but this didn't achieve the desired output either.

Is this something I can do with the test client/servers? If so, would anyone be kind enough to tell me which changes/where I can make the changes to use FIX 4.2 when testing with f8test or harness?

Kind regards,

Patrick

Ian McKane

Aug 4, 2020, 7:32:38 PM8/4/20
to fix8 support
The test app assumes 5.0SP2
To use another version you'll probably need to change some the business logic. Why bother? Those apps are just intended as examples.
/Ian