how to connect to fix server and get quotes needs some example

Sujan Dasmahapatra

Sep 21, 2016, 8:38:16 PM9/21/16
to fix8 developer
I am using f8test.exe to connect to my server. My stock live server ip is 93.229.23.9 and my user login is there. I am not able to start a server & client for my stock exchange server.

I am using myfix_server.xml and myfix_client.xml

In myfix_server.xml I added this line at the bottom where I am using my pc ipconfig ip address

<client_group name="client_Group0">
<client name="Vijay" target_comp_id="DLD_TEX" ip="192.168.1.102" />
</client_group>

In myfix_client.xml I added this line same way with my own pc ipconfig ip address

<server_group name="FO_Group0">
<server name="Sujan" ip="192.168.1.102" port="8080" max_retries="3"/>
</server_group>

I added in myfix_client.xml top part is like below. I have added server group in default role. Now my stock exchange server ip address where should I use.? I tried to use in myfix_server.xml default tag and myfix_client.xml default tag no where it is connecting. There no option for user name & password. Where should I put my user name of the server and password. I am running in two command prompt one for server as this 'f8test.exe -sl server' and one for client as 'f8test.exe -l client' but it giving no response. Please help me extablishing my connection.

myfix_client.xml:
<default role="initiator"
fix_version="1100"
ip="127.0.0.1" do I set my stock exchange server ip address here ?
session_log="session_log_file"
protocol_log="protocol_log_file"
login_retry_interval="3000"
reset_sequence_numbers="false"
connect_timeout="3"
default_appl_ver_id="8"
heartbeat_interval="10"
tcp_nodelay="true"
always_seqnum_assign="false"
server_group="FO_Group0"
process_model="threaded"
enforce_compids="false"
login_retries="5"
tabsize="3"
persist="file0" />

myfix_server.xml:

<default role="acceptor"
fix_version="1100"
heartbeat_interval="10"
ip="0.0.0.0" do I set my stock exchange server ip address here ?
session_log="session_log_file"
protocol_log="protocol_log"
tcp_recv_buffer="100663296"
tcp_send_buffer="100663296"