Precision problem with PRICE & QTY

Ganesh Kawade

Nov 17, 2014, 6:31:12 AM11/17/14
to fix8-de...@googlegroups.com
The values for the tags with type PRICE & QTY are appended with ".0
For eg: if we receive the value as 38=1, 44=2 in the app where we are using fix8 , while sending out the message the tags are 38=1.0 & 44=2.0

What should we do to resolve this.
If we receive 38=1.1 it goes out properly as 38=1.1 , but for 38=1 , it goes out as 38=1.0

Gunjan Munjal

May 19, 2018, 8:09:47 AM5/19/18
to fix8 developer
The formatting of doubles is internal to fix8, it may choose to represent the double in exponential format(after a threshold) or decimal format(with different precision)

However, you can modify the modp_dtoa to change the formatting.